Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things I Will Enjoy About Not Being Pregnant


Well, I had my appointment at UT yesterday. I was pissed beyond measure as they had set up the appointment as having me meet with the gestational diabetes counselor. They said since I didn’t have my blood sugar numbers and that being the only reason I came, I could leave. I informed them that I was not there to see the gestational diabetes counselor, that I was supposed to see a doctor about birthing in the hospital since the Lisa Ross Center kicked me out. I had told them that whenever I called and made the appointment so I’m not sure how they messed that up.

Anyways, the receptionist told me to wait and she would talk to someone. After fifteen minutes or so, she came back and said they had agreed to see me, but that it would be a few minutes. So I said okay and waited…for an hour. Finally I was called to check in and then waited for a while longer. Finally, I was brought back for an ultrasound. I loved it because the ultrasound nurse estimated his weight at 7lbs 14oz. The week before at Lisa Ross they estimated his weight at 8lb 6oz. One of the main reasons they removed me from their practice was because he was getting so big and they were worried about shoulder dystocia. Obviously, he’s not as big as they think and as I found out, shoulder dystocia is impossible to predict and more often happens in perfectly healthy women with normal weight babies. So that just made me all the more upset with them for taking away my chance to labor in the water.

After the ultrasound, I met with the doctor. He decided to have my possible dilation checked and said we would schedule a time to get the baby out from there. A girl came to check me and said I was still only 1 cm, possibly 2 cm, and only 40% effaced. She returned shortly and said the induction was scheduled for Friday at 5:30 am. I was shocked that it was going to happen so soon. I figured I would have like a week advanced notice or something. So that means I go in tomorrow. Though I am very excited to finally end this pregnancy, I feel completely unprepared and nervous. To help myself focus on good things, I have made a list of things I will enjoy about not being pregnant anymore. So, for my sanity and your entertainment, here it is.

THINGS I WILL ENJOY ABOUT NOT BEING PREGNANT

-Losing the belly
-Sitting in a booth at a restaurant
-Not having to pee all the time
-Not waking up to roll over in bed
-My hands not going numb
-Wearing my wedding rings on my hand
-Getting massaged while laying on my stomach/back
-Bending over and standing up without pain
-Not constantly sweating
-No or at least less back pain
-Getting to look attractive to my husband again
-Not having awkward sex
-Keeping up when walking with other people
-Not discovering some new pregnancy symptom no one mentioned
-Having motivation to move around and clean the house
-Going on amusement park rides
-Legs not being swollen
-Being able to lift heavy items
-Taking OTC medicine when I need it
-Actually falling asleep when I lay down to sleep
-Easily reaching all parts of my body for shaving/washing
-Taking a steaming, almost too hot, bubble bath with salts for aches and pains
-Having a baby to love and play with

So there it is. I have all that to look forward to after he finally arrives. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment