Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weight Update

I am now 2 weeks and 4 days out from the c-section. With the pregnancy, I gained 50 pounds. When I last checked a couple days ago, I only had 15 pounds left to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was astonished and pleased. I am hopeful for when I start working out. Unfortunately, I know it will still be a while before I can work out in earnest. Six weeks is the standard waiting period and even then it will be up to the doctor. I don't want to do anything that might reopen my incision or rip my inner stitches.

Everyone knows that eating well goes hand in hand with exercising. That's something that I have been able to do. Of course, I believe it was the c-section that has led to my eating better. I cannot eat near as much. I eat less now then I did before I got pregnant. I think that has contributed to a large part of my weight loss. Less calories going in, but burning more through pumping and light activities.

I have to get down to 117 pounds. Assuming I am the same weight from a few days ago, I have to lose 103 pounds. I think it's possible. I can lose the weight and look like I need to to be attractive to my husband again. This is a super exciting thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment